Unable to attend the 2018 MS0 weekend on February 16-17, 2018? You may download the distributed materials here. The packet includes information on laptop requirements, academic programs, electives, student organizations, the housing survey, and more.
PAST YEAR PROGRAM
- The Carrel Crawl - Lunch with current medical students in lab carrels
- Breakout Sessions: (Choose up to 4 sessions)
- Why Choose UT Southwestern?
- Global Health Opportunities
- Research Opportunities
- Life in Dallas as a Medical Student
- Life Beyond the Lecture Halls: Campus Life and Enrichment Electives
- Community Engagement and Partnership: Development of Leadership through Service
- The Making of a Clinician
- Life as the “Significant Other” of a Medical Student
- Financial Aid – Everything You Want to Know – maybe more
- Celebrations of Cultures
- Breakfast Panel discussions with a student from each class
- The Art of Observation & the Dallas Museum of Art Overview
- Dallas Arts District Tour
- Student-led Tours of area apartment complexes
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I register for the event?
This event is by invitation only. A link will be sent to accepted applicants starting early December.
What to wear?
Business casual i.e. slacks/skirt/dress, blouse or dress shirt, comfortable dress
Do I have to attend all events?
We would love to have you attend all the events but it is really up to you to decide what to attend.
May I bring family members and/or my significant other with me?
You are welcome to bring up to 2 guests to attend selected events e.g. breakfast, lunch, apartment and Dallas Arts District tour.
Is lodging provided?
At your request and if available, we will arrange for you to stay with a UT Southwestern student. However, we will not be able to provide lodging for your guests. There are numerous hotels
in the area. See negotiated hotel rate list.
Where to store my luggage?
- On Friday, you may bring your luggage to the Bryan Williams, M.D. Student Center or to the MS0 registration area. All luggage will be stored at the Student Center and should be picked up no later than 10:30 p.m. on Friday night.
- On Saturday, bring your luggage to the Faculty Club. You can retrieve it from the Bryan Williams, M.D. Student Center at the end of the program.
Can I workout?
You are welcome to use the Bryan Williams, M.D. Student Center anytime this weekend. Just show your MS0 name tag at the desk.
Need WiFi access?
You may use the “Guest” network while on campus.
Arriving by Car and Parking
- Drive to UT Southwestern Medical Center at 5323 Harry Hines Blvd. Dallas TX 75390.
- View or download campus map.
- The main entrance will be on Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison Drive (opposite Harry Hines
Boulevard from Butler Street). The visitor information booth is staffed on weekdays.
- Park at the South Campus, Student/Staff Parking Lot 4B & Student Garage 3.
- The Lot 7 Visitors Parking will serve as overflow parking.
- We will email the parking pass to you before the event.
Arriving by Plane
Please check email and/or this website for announcement about inclement weather.
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 214-648-5617.